Monday, August 19, 2013

Travel Supermarket Holiday Postcard Competition



I thought of writing about the holidays I went on in my early teens, where I saw the holiday through grown up eyes, then I stumbled on a very old photo. The photo is of 5 year old me (so in 1990) in Gran Canaria watching my Mum, Dad and 2 family friends come down a big water slide, despite how young I was at the time, I remember watching and thinking about how I would go down the slide myself one day when I was big. Life seems so simple at that age, full of innocence and joy.


This small disjointed memory started to call up other ones from the holiday, sure, I know lots about the 2 weeks away as my parents have told me about it but these are the holiday memories of 5 year old me;

-Decorating a turtle with glitter glue (Mum said I was part of the Turtle kids club)
-Sitting on a camel and feeling a bit unsure as it got up off the ground
-The camels walking in a long line, I had Dad on one side and Mum on the other.  Unfortunately Mum now understands the meaning of the phrase 'bladder like a camel' as the one in front weed on Mums foot, she was stuck and couldn't go anywhere and I just watched this river of camel wee wash over Mums foot! I can still see it like it was yesterday!
-Family friend who was crafty dressed me up in yellow tissue paper to form a canary, I then had a ribbon saying "Miss Gran Canary"
-My Dad and 2 teens who were with us all wearing bright bermuda shorts
-Feeling very happy.

So there are my holiday memories from 5 year old me :)  

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your best article about BEST TravelSupermarket Coupon . This is very informative. I will share this content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. nuremberg travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. luxuryace

    ReplyDelete
  4. monterey kayak tour Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. us passport photos online Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel tips Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. discount ticket for legoland florida

    ReplyDelete