Friday, July 26, 2013

Scooters pimped!

I don't know what it's like to grow up disabled as I spent the first 15 years of my life walking around after taking my first steps on my 1st birthday.

It's not easy becoming disabled out of the blue and I know lots of people feel very self conscious when starting to venture into public, are people staring at me? What if I bump into someone I know? Will people wonder why a young person is using a scooter?

Lets face it, scooters are brilliant to help you get around but they are just plain granny like! Thankfully my confidence helped on this front, aged 16 I had my first shopping trip on one, at first I was amused at the speedmoniter which had pictures rather than numbers, turtle-hare (ok I admit that it still amuses me) but it wasn't long before I was practising my weaving skills on hare mode in BHS, I left the store only after crashing face first into a display of jumpers! Weaving at high speed aside they just aren't the kind of accessory you would choose until your at least 80.

Then Robbie Williams changes that. He's the annoying kind of guy who can make anything seem or look cool but even so, how cool is his scooter in his latest video with Dizzee Rascal???

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And the 2 of them together

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I have serious mobility scooter envy!

1 comment: