Friday, July 19, 2013

Frustrated Nature review

I was introduced to Frustrated Nature by Alexis who runs it when she gave me a gift of the loveliest lip balm I had ever had (sweet almond and tangerine). Alexis started Frustrated Nature after getting frustrated trying to find chemical free beauty products. I am slowly working my way through their range and have loved everything so far. The lip balms (my favourites being tangerine and zesty lime) can also be used as a moisturiser, I had a dry patch on my chest which didn't go away with all sorts of different creams I tried but cleared up with these lip balms, Alexis even uses it on the ends of her curly hair! I have now ditched Lush lip balms and Vaseline for these.

 For years my favourite face scrub was Boots Botanical, I had a break from using it after I ran out and was shocked to find I am now allergic to it (I'm not sure if the ingredients have changed or if its a new allergy). It caused a bright red rash to spread and my face to swell! I very cautiously started looking for a new facial scrub and tried the Body Shop Honey & Oat scrub. While the scrub left my skin soft I didn't feel it exfoliated well and instead just left a smooth coating of the mask on my skin. My hunt continued until I remembered Frustrated Nature does more than lip balms. I brought Olive Stone granule face scrub with Sweet Almond Oil and gave it a go. The product comes in a glass bottle that is 3/4 full, the granules settle to the bottom and so you give it a good shake before using (the empty space at the top is to make shaking easy). I poured some into my hand and it was surprisingly thick, I felt it exfoliated better than any other scrub I had tried before and combined with the oil left my skin feeling wonderful. I had been concerned it might leave me feeling greasy or cause spots but I couldn't of been more wrong. A little seems to go a very long way.

Here I've compared the 3 scrubs (bare in mind I am trying to change to a more natural life style)

Body Shop 3 in 1 Oat Scrub, 100mls £10.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ingredients;

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Avena sativa (Abrasive), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Kaolin (Absorbent), Mel (Honey (Mel)) (Natural Additive), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Behenyl Alcohol (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides (Emollient), Sodium Lactate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenyl Trimethicone (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen), Biosaccharide Gum-1 (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hectorite (Opacifier), Sodium PCA (Humectant), Saccharide Isomerate (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Butylparaben (Preservative), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Methyl 2-Octynoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Amylcinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia furfuracea (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour).

Boots Botanical £3.59 for a 100ml (they seem to of stopped the one I was using and replaced it with this),

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ingredients;

Aqua (Water), Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Tribehenin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) seed powder, Cetearyl olivate, Juglans regia (Walnut) shell powder, Sorbitan olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan gum, Hibiscus sabdariffa flower extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl glycol, Sodium benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipropylene glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric acid, Tocopheryl acetate, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid

Frustrated Nature £4.50 for 100ml, Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ingredients;

Olive Stone granules, Sweet Almond Oil

Looking at all 3 I am going to stick with Frustrated Nature, I want to look after my skin rather than smother it in chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment